The department has six full-time staff:
- The community development director provides strategic direction within the department and manages department operations and budgets affecting economic development, planning and zoning, environmental health, building, and housing. In addition, the director takes the lead in commercial redevelopment activities, long-term strategic planning, and intergovernmental and interagency initiatives.
- The city planner is the primary staffer for the City's land use regulations, including zoning, and provides staff support to the Planning Commission. The CP is also the primary staffer for the City's residential redevelopment activities and programs, including scattered site redevelopment and lot sales.
- The building official is the primary staffer for administration, interpretation, and enforcement of building, plumbing, and mechanical codes. The BO also conducts inspections and building plan reviews.
- The building & housing inspector conducts a combination of building, plumbing, and mechanical inspections, residential property inspections, and building plan reviews.
- The code enforcement specialist provides the primary response to violation reports, including inspection and follow-up, in cases not related to rental licensing. The CES also assists with re-inspections for rental licenses.
- The rental licensing specialist administers the City's rental licensing program and also assists others within the department as necessary.